Tuesday, October 14, 2014

My Journey in R.E.A.L Kids - Teacher Menaga from R.E.A.L Kids USJ 12

Teacher May thanked everyone for recognizing her and her achievements with R.E.A.L Kids. 
3 years with R.E.A.L Kids USJ 12. Teacher May is only growing more upbeat, more positive and ever confident. Why? What transformed her? What's keeping her with R.E.A.L Kids  and what has she learned to be a better teacher and ultimately a better her?

Teacher Menaga, or better known as Teacher May could recall how nervous she was when she first came for interview with R.E.A.L Kids. She was greeted very warmly and hugged by Teacher Adelene prior to interview. She recollected how strict a teacher she was and how she was not savvy with her dressing. A tomboy was how she put it in her own words, though we might disagree.

From learning to dress and speak professionally to coping with the children warmly, Teacher May gasped in disbelief that she achieved what she once thought was not possible. She remembered that she asked Teacher Adelene  how can a strict teacher like her mingle and play with these very young children? "I'm not married, I'm not a mother. How can I treat the kids like their mother?" And Teacher Adelene responded wisely, "It must come from the heart."

In a month's time, Teacher May learned to face this challenge with her heart. She was honest with her children, "Kids, I'm learning too. I'm coming here to learn how to be your friend." That's when she witnessed how kids gave encouragements. They would walk up to her and offer her big warm cuddles. "I love to hug teachers too! I would ask Teacher Adelene to hug me before class." This is how she later learned patience in real practice.

So, what does Teacher May has to say being a part of R.E.A.L?
"Teachers in R.E.A.L Kids are like my family members."
" I can smile now, after 3 years with R.E.A.L Kids. With all the encouragement and support, I'm not scared of speaking up here. I learned patience."
"There were many touching moments, really good times we had together.."

Some people might find it lowly or humbled working in preschool setting with a graduate degree. What does Teacher May have to say about this?
"Sometimes when I attend family functions. Some aunties and uncles asked about what I do for a living. When they know I'm working as a Preschool Educator, they tend to give me an 'okay' reaction. They asked me why do I pick this job and be like a nanny for children?" They assumed preschool educators are underpaid. My answer to them, "What do I need more? I love my job."

Perhaps one fine day, Teacher May will outgrow her position and lead a center of hers, be a trainer or so.  With her jolly outlook, we are grateful to have her with R.E.A.L Kids USJ 12.


If you're interested to work for R.E.A.L Kids or for Teacher Adelene, she's currently managing her 3rd center with R.E.A.L Kids in Setia Eco Park. Interested candidates kindly submit your resume to recruit@real.edu.my or contact 03-5621 7201 to find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment