Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Teaching Happiness - Teacher Nancy from R.E.A.L Kids Ampang

"Do you think you are happy sitting in this class now when it is raining outside?" - Teacher Nancy.
Are you aware that being happy or sad is really just a conscious choice you make and practice?

Teacher Nancy shared with us a few little moments as a Preschool Teacher that made her realize how happy she is and how happy we could all be.

- Children say you are very beautiful today because you got a HAPPY FACE.
- Everywhere you go in the kindergarten, you hear kids shouting, TEACHER Ariel I LOVE YOU!
- One of my kid in class always vomit in classroom and I need to clean up the mess and call her parent to get her home but she didn't want to go home. And when I asked her why, she answered, "Teacher I don't want to go home. I need to do assessment." I was curious and asked her why. Only to learn that she cared to do well in her assessments because she wants to stay in R.E.A.L Kids. She said, "Teacher, I want to see you next year; I want to come back tomorrow, next year. Teacher I want to come back next week to see you.." This was her comment just before school break. This motivated me and made me very happy.

A question to ponder, Teacher Nancy asked us all, "Can the state of Being Happy be of value?"

Is owning a big car, a house, having a handsome husband, and/ or fulfilling your achievements necessary for you to be happy?

Or is having a lovely husband who takes care of you and a small house, while you enjoy your life means more to Happiness?

What if you have a big car but you are not happy?

Teacher Nancy admitted that at times she could be nervous and anxious to voice out her concerns. She did so because seeing things improper or not working her right way tends to upset her. Over the years, her experiences taught her why should she make herself this way? She now consciously reminds herself to choose to be happy rather than sad.

To end her speech, Teacher Nancy took the time to recognize Teacher Zulfah for her positive attitude towards work and life. Teacher Nancy encouraged all teachers and colleagues to be positive, cheerful and happy so we can better deal with the challenges of work and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment