Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Music Makes Me Calm and Listen More Carefully - Teacher Thivi from R.E.A.L Kids Setia Eco Park

Music has accompanied Teacher Thivi since she was in her mom's womb. She would start kicking everytime she listened to music, that's how her mom recalled Thivi's reaction when her mom was pregnant with her. She started watching Hindu mythology movies at age 3, learned classical dance and started singing classical songs at age 4. Her mom was very fond of it and she was very happy to see her sing.

At age 12, Teacher Thivi's passion grew further and she started learning Indian Classical Instrument Veena. She would perform at concerts and got certificates out of them. Her mom was proud of her and often said to her, "You can go further."

This pushed her further to sing, play and compose music. She would practice using piano to play horror music and classical music. It gave Teacher Thivi certain pleasure whenever she listens to other kinds of music.

She even recalled instances when her friends asked, "Can you play a certain music from this movie?" and they often got surprised she could write the notes.

"Music taught me much. It teaches me to be calm and to listen more carefully. As I grew older, I played more instruments including the drums, piano and flute. My father also played a lot. I guess I inherited the gene. He would patiently tell me 'this is how you play the music or this is how you go..' I believe there is a bright future in music."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment