Monday, November 16, 2015

Run out of motivation? Read this inspiring interview session!



From left: Hani and Principal Chris Wong

Chris Wong is the principal of R.E.A.L Kids SS19 Subang Jaya. Her sweet and loving character captured the children’s attention. Surely there will be many questions in each of the reader’s mind on how she achieved this position. Here are some of the questions we managed to ask her;

1. What triggers your interest in becoming a principal?

Before this I was a class teacher and my main goal is to be in Early Childhood Education (ECE). I really wanted to make a difference, not just to a small group but instead to bigger group. I believe if there’s a will there’s a way, so here I am a principal in this wonderful centre.
 
2. How do you achieve such position in the first place?

I conducted a Master’s research in the field of preschool ( Parental Choice Criteria in Preschool Selection) after I worked as a class teacher. I went to Christian preschools in Singapore, Taiwan and United States. Over there, I worked as assistant teacher. Throughout the time, I gained much in the areas of child development and graduated eventually with a Master’s Degree. With that it opened doors for me to become a principal now. I believe I took small steps every day to get to where I am today.

 
3. Where do you see yourself in say, 3-5 years?

I would say I enjoy what I’m doing right now so perhaps a career with young children but not necessarily in education. It could be in child development too.


4. Is this one of your dream position? 

For now, I would say yes. It feels amazing to have the kids give me free warm hugs every day. This unconditional love indirectly distracts me from day-to-day issues. On top of that they comfort me at the same time. As we know, there are ups and downs in our lives and these kids are like my therapy whenever I face difficulties. Say if you have a broken heart or a hard time, the kids will come offer you a hug and say “don’t cry, I love you”. My goal is to educate them whereas they gave me unconditional love in return. Who wouldn’t want such wonderful career?


5. What is the biggest challenge in becoming a principal?



Challenges come and go. Most importantly we need to understand the problem and try to really understand where they come from. Then work on it; be it with the kids or their parents. One terrifying moment that I can share is when the child got into an accident, that’s what worries me the most. I won’t run from the problem but I will face it for sure. My advice to everyone is, prove yourself capable and take time to build back whatever is needed. Everything takes time.


From left: Kean Wei, Hani, Principal Chris Wong and Christopher in front of R.E.A.L Kids SS19 Subang Jaya on 20th October 2015. Wonderful visit. We got to know how Principal Chris Wong achieved this position. 


Principal Chris also mentioned that we must love what we are doing. Try to put our heart into whatever job or work we are doing in order for us to enjoy it. Christians believe in finding our calling, a place in the world to do certain things. “So how can I contribute myself with the talent I have? The answer is to work with the children!” says lovely Principal Chris

Communication is one of the most important things when it comes to working with children. Find your talent, passion and your heart. If you are working for the sake of working, it won’t bring you to the future. Follow your heart and passion. Every child deserves a childhood.” clearly Principal Chris is someone full of passion and patience when it comes to handling children.


No comments:

Post a Comment